Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Google expands its Bug Bounty program

The always interesting Brian Krebs is reporting today that Google is expanding their Bug Bounty program.

As Krebs observes, Google isn't the only organization with a Bug Bounty program, here's Mozilla's Bug Bounty page. According to this article from MaximumPC, Microsoft still isn't onboard with the idea, though.

I think that Bug Bounty programs are interesting. I think it's a good way to show people you care about quality, and obviously Google feel that it is an effective way both to get useful feedback and to reward people for helping Google improve their software.

Of course, this tradition has a long history: I'm reminded of the famous Knuth reward check, which I've written about before.

What other innovative ways are there by which companies are working with their customers to improve software quality? Drop me a line and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment