Friday, December 3, 2010

Perforce 2010.2 enters Beta testing

I'm pleased to see that the 2010.2 version of the Perforce Server is now online and available for testing. If you aren't familiar with the notion of Beta test, here's the wikipedia definition.

I'm excited about this release; I think it contains a number of features which Perforce sites will find useful. Perforce has devoted a lot of attention to the needs of high-end SCM installations recently, and this release contains a number of enhancements specifically targeted at administrators of large, complex Perforce installations.

I was pleased to be able to be part of the team that delivered this release, and I'm looking forward to getting some feedback from users of the release.

The software life cycle never ends, of course, and we're already busy gathering ideas and making plans for the next iteration!

If you get a chance to try out the beta of the new server, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment