Friday, July 6, 2012

And now we will know for sure

From Soccer Finally Comes to Its Senses With Goal-Line Tech:

After years of discussion and debate, the sport has at long last approved the use of goal-line technology at all levels of the game.

The FIFA press release says:

It’s not a dangerous development as long as it remains focused on goal-line technology. I don’t want technology anywhere else. I want football to maintain its human face, this will be my goal as long as I am the President of FIFA. We will still have to see how it works. It is only to help the referee, we must remember that.

Interestingly, as far as I can tell, FIFA did not pick a single winner: both the camera-based technology (Hawk-Eye) and the magnetic field technology (Goal-Ref) are now approved for use.

No comments:

Post a Comment