Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Linearizable Boogaloo

This might be the nerdiest video I've ever watched: Jepsen II: Linearizable Boogaloo (although that's a high bar; I watch some very nerdy videos...).

Kingsbury is known online as "Aphyr", which is the location of his superb website.

I got hooked on Kingbury's writing nearly 18 months ago, when he published a superb essay with a rather tongue-in-cheek title: Call me maybe: Carly Rae Jepsen and the perils of network partitions

I don't mind the cheekiness, for Kingsbury's analysis, and even more importantly his description skills, are first-rate.

And a certain amount of snark helps the medicine go down, to mis-quote P.L. Travers.

The bottom line is: if you consider yourself to be a server software engineer, or a system programmer, you will find Kingsbury's work both entertaining and educational.

Read his essays; watch his videos; get smarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment