Monday, May 18, 2015

Google Summer of Code 2015 is underway!

This is the 10th year of the Google Summer of Code, though I have only participated in 7 years, I believe. (It would have been my 8th year, but one year I messed up the paperwork and had to miss that year.)

This year, I'm pleased to be working with Abhinav Gupta, who is studying Information Technology at Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad, India.

This summer, we will be working on fixing some of the open bugs in Apache Derby.

Derby is a very mature and sophisticated piece of software by now, and all the easy bugs have been fixed.

Which is fine with us; fixing the hard bugs is fun, too, and there's always more to learn!

Here's to a successful summer for all the Google Summer of Code participants.

No comments:

Post a Comment