Wednesday, February 1, 2017

One good thing about commuting on public transit.

Startlingly, I realized the other day that it had been more than a decade since I had been routinely commuting on public transit.

And one thing that I had forgotten about commuting on public transit is how wonderful it is to have a significant, regular, uninterrupted span of time to just sit and read a book.

Or, for those times when I'm on BART, to just stand and read a book.

I used to read books ALL the time on public transit, but then, as I say, I went for more than a decade without doing that.

And I rather stopped reading. Well, not entirely, but I definitely spent a lot less time reading.

So it is WONDERFUL to be back in a situation where I am regularly reading again.

Heck, it's not uncommon for me to make it through an entire book in a week!

Now, there are some downsides to public transit, of course.

But reading a book is, for certain, a very big upside.

No comments:

Post a Comment