Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Freshening up my (Linux) hat

I was getting ready to do some work on Derby, and since it was a fine weekend and I had some time to spare, I decided to take the opportunity to update my development environment.

I had been running Fedora 22 for quite some time, and it's become rather out of date.

So now I'm running Fedora 25, which is much more modern.

I still have the dickens of a time trying to get Linux guest machines to recognize my video hardware via VirtualBox, so all too often I just get a 1024 x 768 display, which ain't much.

The message

VBoxClient: the VirtualBox kernel service is not running. Exiting.
should win some sort of award for "error message most likely to give you bad and useless suggestions when you Google search for it."

Still, at least I've got a more up-to-date OS on my guest.

No comments:

Post a Comment